It is important that you check if the pictures of your ID card are legible. All personal data (such as the photograph and CSN) must be legible for us to identify you.
Check the information on your identity card
Let us start by taking a picture of your unfolded passport or identity card. Make sure there are no other personal data in the picture. For example, use an empty table as a surface.
Your date of birth, the document number and the expiration date of your identity card are automatically entered. You enter the date of issue yourself.
Please check the data carefully
Is there anything that was not entered correctly? Please, fill it in yourself. Is something wrong? Correct it or press 'Scan again'. If everything is correct, you can tap 'Continue'.
Is my damaged passport or identity card valid?
If your identity card is severely damaged, it is no longer valid. You will have to apply for a new identity card. The following cases formally constitute damage:
- If the features showing that the document is genuine, and not a forgery, are damaged.
- If your personal data have become hard to read.
- When pages have come loose or are missing.
An example of such damage is when it can no longer be established with certainty that the person using the document is the actual owner.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How does the identification process for opening a trading account at Captin work?
- When identifying, I get the message 'Something went wrong'. What do I do?
- Which identity documents can I use?
- My information (on the identity card) is not approved. How do I solve this?
- I can't take a good photo of my ID card. What do I do now?
- What do I do with 'tilt document'?
- II want to identify myself. What specifications does my mobile phone (smartphone) have to meet?
- Can I use a tablet to go through the Trading Account opening form?
- Can I keep my glasses on when I take the picture of my face (a selfie)?
- I don't see a button to take my selfie. What do I do now?