Triodos Bank announced on August 17, 2023, that it will pay an interim dividend of EUR 1.23. But who is actually entitled to this dividend? Here is an overview of how the dividend payment process works:
- Ex-dividend date: The ex-dividend date has been set for August 31, 2023. This means that if you buy share certificates after this date, you will not receive the interim dividend of EUR 1.23.
- Dividend payment: The interim dividend will be paid on September 19, 2023, to the holders of Triodos certificates who possessed these certificates immediately after the trading round on August 30, 2023. If you sold certificates before or during the trading round on August 30, 2023, you will not receive any dividend.
- Dividend payment to your platform account: The dividend will initially be credited to your platform account and will be visible there briefly until it is automatically transferred back to the counter account registered in our system.
- Dividend tax: The dividend amounts listed on your balance include the already deducted 15% dividend tax according to Dutch tax law. So, the net dividend is visible on your balance.
Who pays out?
For non-registered participants, the following arrangement applies to dividend payments:
- The dividend for Triodos UK participants will be paid through National Westminster Bank.
- For customers in all other countries who have not yet registered with Captin, dividend payments are handled by Triodos Bank. Captin does not take responsibility for these payments until the customer has explicitly registered on our platform.
For registered participants, the following arrangement applies to dividend payments:
- Captin handles dividend payments for customers in all countries. If a customer has registered with Captin, we take full responsibility for processing dividend payments.
Access to dividend statement:
For both non-registered and registered customers, the dividend statement is available on our platform under the "Documents - Personal" button. It is important to note that registration on our platform is not required to access the dividend statement, but logging in to our platform is necessary.
Counter account canceled or no longer in use?
If your counter account has been canceled or is no longer in use, the dividend amount cannot be refunded to the canceled or inactive counter account. The money will remain in your portfolio account and will wait until you provide a new counter account to which it can be transferred. To access your funds, you must first change your counter account, and then you can arrange the withdrawal of your funds.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Am I entitled to dividends?
- How do I place an order?
- Step-by-step plan to place a buy order
- How does an auction of Triodos Depository Receipts operate?
- You have placed an order, now what?
- How does the market operate?
- When will the Auction Round take place?
- When will the Trading Round take place?
- When can I enter an order?
- Why is my order not executed?